If you were at the January 13th ReVenture Community meeting at Cook’s Presbyterian Church, you probably left with some big concerns about what you were heard, more questions than answers, and wondering what could you believe.
One of the claims made by ReVenture at the meeting was that no Public Funds would be used for the project.
- I guess that they forgot about the $5.5 Million they have applied for through special Federal funding.
- And the $40 Million in grant or tax credits that was renewed December 17th and have two more years to qualify.
- And the $9.3 million per year (that’s $186 Million over the 20 year life of the proposed contract) from Mecklenburg County.
Get the facts on this ReVenture Tells Community No Public Funding
- Did you see or hear an emissions profile or an air quality impact study? No, because it hasn’t been done.
- Did you see or hear a real traffic impact study? No, because it hasn’t been done.
- Did you see or hear any data about health risks from gasification incinerators or a health impact study? No, because it hasn’t been done.
- Did you see or hear any information about an environmental impact study? No, because it hasn’t been done.
Learn more! ReVenture Community Handout